Friday, September 15, 2006

Books

I got this little list from the blog of my lovely sister-in-law, Mauri . Anyway, I also feel the need to make a disclaimer that the scriptures are excluded here since they would be the answers to questions 1,2 ,3 5 and 8. That wouldn't make a very interesting blog entry, now would it?

1. One book that changed your life: "The Peacegiver" by James L. Ferrell

2. One book that you have read more than once: "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

3. One book you would want on a desert island: This is a tough one but maybe something like "The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook" by Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht

4. One book that made you laugh out loud: "Baptists at Our Barbeque" by Robert F. Smith. The movie was not nearly as good as the book I'm sorry to say, but then again isn't that almost always the case?

5. One book that made you cry: Gosh, I have to pick one? Tons of books have made me cry. I am such a bawl-baby. The most recent one to have caused me to shed tears is "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom

6. One book you wish had been written: "How to Do Everything You Feel You Have to Do and Still Have Time to Do What You Want to Do" or "How to Function on Three Hours of Sleep a Night." People like Martha Stewart do it so why can't I?!

7. One book you wish you had never read: "Saints" by Orson Scott Card. This was the first OSC book I ever read and it took some convincing to get me to read anything else of his after this, but pretty much everything else I've read of his I liked. I don't even remember why I didn't like this book. I just remember that I despised it with a loathing so deep it was visceral.

8. One book you are currently reading: "Mary, Martha and Me" by Camille Fronk Olson

9. One book you have been meaning to read: "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey. I've started reading this book about half a dozen times and never seem to get past chapter 3. By the time I have my life together enough to read the whole thing I won't need it anymore.

No comments: