Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Smell of Cold, Fresh Linens and Dreaming

I had another lovely day.

I stepped outside this morning and was greeted by the smell of fresh, cold air. As I drove home after taking Daniel to speech, hundreds of flower petals  from the Bradford Pear trees at the entrance to our neighborhood were floating through the air like snowflakes. It was magical.

I washed all the boys’ bedding today—all the pillowcases, sheets and blankets. I love the smell and feel of fresh, clean bedding.

I enjoyed a fun evening at book club tonight with some lovely ladies. It was rejuvenating.

I love this photo of a little village in Italy (Manarola, Cinque Terre). I think it is amazing. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to visit here some day? Sometimes just dreaming can be lovely. 

Cinque TerreImage Source

I also thought it was lovely that you took the time to tell me about the beautiful things in your lives. I loved reading each comment. It made my day even sweeter. Thank you.

Will you please keep sharing with me? We all need more lovely in our lives. 

What loveliness did the day bring to you?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

A little bit of sunshine. A picture perfect chicken pot pie. A smidge of service. Those were my lovelies. :)

Amy said...

My niece was born, and was over 4 lbs! Yay! She is beautiful, AND the Lord blessed my husband with an airline bump so he could get a flight voucher. I get to go to Utah and see her in three weeks! BY MYSELF!!

Friday, March 11, 2011 11:50:00 AM CST

Jill said...

Sunshine, service, babies and bumped-flight-blessings--doesn't get much lovelier than that! :)