Saturday, September 13, 2008

Recent Reading

The book club at church chose this book last month and while I wasn't able to participate, I still wanted to read it.

What a great read. I mean who wouldn't like a book with words like "perspicacity" and "unprepossessing"?

The story follows Mma (Precious) Ramosote in her adventures as the only lady detective in Botswana. Written almost as a collection of intertwining short stories, it is a light-hearted and fun read. The characters are endearing and clever and there is just enough mystery to keep you reading without making you bite all your nails off. (Okay so maybe I'm the only one that does that when I'm nervous).  Unexpected, well-written and delightful--next time you are at the library pick it up. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: