Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Monsters Under My Bed

I try. Really I do, but I am thoroughly outnumbered. Today I was cleaning my room (mostly folding clean laundry) and figured maybe I ought to clean out under my bed while I was at it. It was amazing. I might regret doing this but I decided to share what I found there with you, my readers. Please don't judge me too harshly--I am the mother of four small boys. Enough said. And now, without further ado, my list of what I found when cleaning under my bed:
  1. 1 Little People Robin Hood Play Set
  2. 1 BYU Nerf Basketball
  3. 3 Grandma's Cookie Wrappers
  4. 1 Fork
  5. 1 Handheld Electronic Game
  6. 1 Lipstick (sans lid and sporting an embellishment of lint)
  7. 1 Petrified String Cheese
  8. 1 "That's Not My Monster" Board Book (see, I told you--monsters under my bed)
  9. 1 Large White Eraser
  10. 1 Teething Ring
  11. 1 Card Stock Punched Star
  12. 1 Chair Leg (yes, you read that correctly)
  13. 1 Bandaid Wrapper
  14. 2 Pieces of Sidewalk Chalk
  15. 1 Pair of Plaid Boy's Boxer Shorts (clean at least)
  16. 1 Tube of Diaper Rash Cream (not the $125.00 stuff I mentioned in a previous post)
  17. 1 Ghirardelli Chocolate Square Wrapper (empty--dang!)
  18. 1 Large Plastic Peach Yogurt Lid
  19. 1 Clean Dry Yellow Washcloth
  20. 6 Unused Diapers
  21. 1 Navy Blue Sunday Sock
  22. 1 Brown High Heeled Shoe
  23. 1 Packet of Hot Chocolate Mix (opened but not empty)
  24. 1 Gallon Capacity Ziploc Bag
  25. 4 Kleenexes (crumpled, but they don't appear to be used. Fingers crossed.)
  26. 1 Valentine (to: Joel from: Alice)
  27. 1 Green Plastic Baby Bead
  28. 1 Yo-ho-ho Pirate Pencil
  29. 1 King Leo Peppermint Wrapper
  30. 2 Hair Elastics
  31. 1 Tropical Fish Magnet
  32. 1 Silver Hoop Earring
  33. 6 Legos
  34. 1 Half Eaten Sucker
  35. 1 Yellow Platic Ikea Cup
  36. 1 Small Desert Dish (with some unknown substance coating the inside like cement--at least it wasn't fuzzy)
  37. 1 Plastic Bag (in which our new phone book was delivered)
  38. 1 Plastic Hook (like the kind that pairs of socks hang from in stores)
  39. 1 Crumpled Piece of October Afternoon Designer Paper (I was mad about that one)
  40. 1 Horse Shaped Animal Cracker
  41. 1 Granola Bar Wrapper
  42. 1 Fuzzy Piece of Scotch Tape
  43. 1 Spray Container of Hand Sanitizer
  44. 1 Kashi Zesty Sundried Tomato Snack Cracker
  45. 1 Scrap of Blue Polka Dotted Ribbon
  46. 1 Flosser (like for your teeth, you know)
  47. 1 Scrap of Torn Wrapping Paper
  48. 1 Alka Seltzer Cold Medicine Wrapper
  49. 1 Frosted Mini Wheat
  50. 1 Q-Tip (probably a rogue one from when Daniel dumped out 700 of them all over my floor)
  51. 1 Blue Plastic Lid to a Can of Roasted Almonds
  52. 1 Rubber Band
  53. 1 Felt Snake (this little guy has made an appearance in one of my Tabblos before)
  54. 1 Small Piece of Black Pipe Cleaner
  55. 1 Black Ink Pen
So yeah. That's it. I hate to find out what's under Joel's and Nate's beds. :D

4 comments:

carla said...

you must have a huge bed. that's a lot of stuff. :) thanks for the laugh. lol!

Jenn said...

You've got my bed beat!

BTW--was the flosser used? (EWWWWWWWW)

Heather O said...

My only question is where is the rest of the chair that is missing a leg? Ha, thanks for sharing the list!

Mom said...

That reminds me of the time I moved all the furniture, cushions, etc., after your family left from staying the Christmas holidays with us. I think I found about 57 assorted Legos and Ninja Turtles in various nooks and crannies. I loved that holiday!