Sunday, April 05, 2009

Golden Things

I love General Conference. I look forward to those four wonderful days each year when I can sit and devote my attention to listening to the words of living prophets. What a wonderful blessing it is to be taught and edified by them. Between sessions today I took a little drive. I wanted to snap some pictures before the flowers are all gone. It has been rainy a lot this year and it seems like spring is on fast forward. The blossoms have only been out a couple of weeks and already they are giving way to tender yellow-green leaves. Robert Frost was right , "nothing gold can stay." What he didn't say, was although those golden things are fleeting, we have the promise that they will return again one day. Anyway, here are a few of the pictures I took today.



'Tabblo:


It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain


... See my Tabblo>




2 comments:

Samuel James Dunn, Esq. said...

I absolutely love that Mark Twain quote. It captures beautifully the feelings engendered by the photos you took.

Mom said...

I wish we could come to Auburn now to see the wisteria, but I'm sure there will be other beautiful things in June.