Monday, March 28, 2011

I’ve Got a Good Feeling About This Week

dogwood blossoms Dogwood trees are in bloom here in Alabama.
It started off so wonderfully, how can it not be lovely?

I spent a delightful hour and a half on the phone today, laughing and catching up with my bestie from New York. Last week I talked to my bestie from Indiana. They are both truly lovely women and I’m so blessed to have them as friends.

besties

I listened to some beautiful music that made my soul soar. I know a lot of people aren’t opera fans, but listening to Maria Callas is a spiritual experience for me.



I read my brother-in-law’s post about what makes him happy. I really enjoy his writing. He makes me laugh. He makes me think. He has quite a personality. A lot of things on his happy list are on mine as well.

I cooked gnocchi with mushrooms and chicken for dinner. Gnocchi=little potato dumplings of deliciousness.

Nate told me that his favorite food is spinach. How many six year olds do you know that name spinach as their favorite food? Not many, I’d wager.

I ate malted milk Easter eggs.

I read and reread your comments sharing your lovely things with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your uplifting words. They make my days brighter and happier.

What loveliness did the day bring to you?

3 comments:

Amy said...

We really have got to get together again and get a new picture. Ha! Maybe we can get Uncle Rico's photographer to come do a photo shoot.
My lovely today... NO ONE IS SICK! (Knock on wood!)

Danielle said...

What a coincidence! I talked with *my* bestie in Alabama for an hour and half! Definitely the loveliest part of my day. :) And yes, a new picture is DEFINITELY in order. :D

Ashley said...

Um..you made gnocchi!?? I want to make it but don't know how! I need your recipe! That just made my day lovely just thinking about gnocchi!