Friday, August 04, 2006

Not Much New

In recent news, I guess there was a huge storm in Utah on Tuesday. There was hail, very strong winds and lots and lots of rain. I guess several
power poles were blown over and one landed
directly between Mom and Dad's house and their
neighbors'. The lines were draped across their roof so I guess they spent the last couple of days
at Grandma's house. Rob said they'd probably be returning home soon but that it might be a little while before we can reach them by phone or internet. I will be praying that everything will be alright for them.

David should be back from NY early this evening. I am also praying that everything will go smoothly with the closing on the house. The buyer was being somewhat of a nincompoop but I keep reminding myself that things will work out like President Hinckley says: "Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work our." That has been my mantra all during this move. The whole process has been so stressful and I am just anxious for it all to be over and done with. People here have been really kind and we've received lots of offers for help with watching the boys while I unpack and so on. I actually have accomplished a lot so far and know I'll be able to get even more done once the boys start school. Once everything is situated how I want it I'll take some pictures of our new place and post them here.

I know we have not been gone long yet but just the thought that my friends are 1100 miles away makes me miss them. We had a little get-together the last Sunday we were in Rochester. Here are some pictures.

No comments: