Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School

It’s here already. The summer flew by and now the house is unnaturally quiet. And a little lonely. But I love the beginning of a new school year—it is a chance to start fresh, make resolutions and get into a routine again. Here are the pictures I snapped of the boys this morning:

boys with backpacks Seth head shot

My middle school boy. I can’t believe he’s in 6th grade. He was able to figure out his locker and ride the bus (for the first time in his life believe it or not) without any problems. I always knew I had brilliant children.Joel head shot My third grader. No worries here. It is going to be a great year. He will have the same teacher (and many of the same classmates) he had last year and we just love her so I have high hopes.Nate head shot My kindergartner. *Tear* Thanks to Rexy (his stuffed toy horse that I smuggled to school in his backpack) he made it through the first full day away from mom. I missed him, but I think he is going to be a kindergarten all star. hugging boys  Here’s to a great school year!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Handsome boys. I can't get over how big they are.

Danielle said...

I concur -- you are raising a handsome lot there, mama! I'll give you a call later this week to see how you're managing (just fine, I'm sure :)!

Mom said...

I've thought so much about the boys and wondered how they did yesterday. Thanks so much for posting this report and these beautiful pictures. I love those little fellows to pieces (and all of you, of course!)

Darcy said...

Your boys are so cute! I can't believe you have one in sixth grade already. I feel like an old woman because both of mine are in school now! Yikes what to do with the rest of my life.

carla said...

what handsome boys. i can't imagine a better woman to raise wonderful young men. ;)

Mauri said...

Oh, I'm so glad Rexy got to go to school too! Hopefully that helped him out. I can't believe how old the boys look, and I just saw them a couple of months ago! Is it weird having just one boy home during the day?

Heather O said...

Diddo to Mauri's comment, the boys look so grownup and handsome!