Sunday, January 03, 2010

I Gotta Feeling That This Year's Gonna Be a Good Year

So, the past couple of years I've had a list on my sidebar of things I was looking forward to that year. My list for last year:

Becoming the woman that Heavenly Father wants me to be
I have realized that this is a process. I am not there yet but I am still working on it.


David finishing his PhD at last???
It hasn't happened yet but we are a lot closer than we were last year at this point. I have faith that it will happen some time. When? I don't know, but it will happen.

Being on a design team--developing my talents
The design team thing has been a great experience. I've learned a lot and met some great people. The developing talents thing is also a process. Still working on that too.

Getting organized
Amazingly, my disorganized life is starting to become more what I want it to be. We'll see what the next year brings in terms of organization.

Embracing life with boys--looking for the humor in every day
There have days when I wanted to cry, but we hilarity has ensued on occasion as well. Some days I do both. What has become known as "The Soft Drink Incident" in our family was one such event. If you are unfamiliar with "The Soft Drink Incident," it involved a Burger King cup and a little boy who had to use the bathroom while he was in the car and didn't tell anyone that he had done so. You can probably fill in the gaps.

Joel getting baptized
What a truly wonderful experience! We were so happy and fortunate to have several members of our family present for the special day

Starting kindergarten with Nate in the Fall
At first I really missed my little buddy every day. He missed me too. Aside from a rough start to the school year, Nate is loving kindergarten and learning so much.

Taking better care of myself
I was kind of forced into this one after I hurt my back pretty badly in September. After several chiropractic visits and some physical therapy, I am happy to report that I am doing a lot better--not 100% yet, but healing from something like that takes a long time. I am continuing to try to take better care of myself because my family needs me. I have to be in peak physical condition to deal with the rigors of having 4 boys! :) 

The new Harry Potter Movie
Check! I love Harry Potter. What more is there to say?

Learning, growing and rejoicing!
This has been on my list each year. It is my mantra. These 3 things are, in part, who I want to be. I'm trying to endure to the end and keep on a slow and steady course toward my eternal goals. There are hard days of course, but over all my life is so very blessed.

Now! On to the new. In 2010 I'm looking forward to:
  1. Seth receiving the Priesthood
  2. David finally getting that PhD. This is the year! I can feel it.
  3. Continuing to work on past goals; Making progress on new goals.
  4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
  5. Getting published in Paper Crafts Magazine
  6. Using the Chore Box my sister helped me make
  7. Spending time with my family (and hopefully doing a little traveling)
  8. Seth being old enough to babysit! Yes!! 
  9. Becoming spiritually, emotionally and temporally prepared
  10. Learning! Growing! Rejoicing!
I feel optimistic and peaceful about what the next year has in store. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Love it -- both your reflection on the old year and your goals for the year to come! I want to make a chore box -- show me how!! :)

Jill said...

Yes! It will be my next post! :)

MelanieH said...

Wow, I love your list, and I didn't know you were doing all of that stuff with your cards and awesome design skills! That's great!

Anne said...

Wow, what a woman! You definitely deserve props. (I can't believe you are running despite the cold and your back.) I am so proud of you! I love you!

Mom said...

Hooray for your goals! And double hooray for #1, #2, #7, and #10. Like Mary Poppins, you are "practically perfect in every way" in our book!