Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Loveliness in the Midst of Chaos

Via Pinterest

I’ll be honest. Today was kind of tough. I battled a migraine for half of the day. My kids were a little stir crazy (it was rainy this morning). Daniel was especially a handful.  He cut his own hair, dumped out my flour bucket, ate the rest of the chocolate chip pie, let all the air out of the can of whipped cream so it won’t come out now, had several potty “accidents” and was generally just cross and naughty all day. He’s woken up a couple of times since being put to bed sounding kind of croupy so that could explain the grumpiness. The other boys fought over whose turn it was on the computer and what to watch on TV. I should have paid more attention to them all but I kind of neglected them in favor of trying to get my room/craft supplies organized. It is something I constantly battle with our lack of storage space. We had leftover hot dogs and chicken casserole for dinner with peaches out of a can. I’m not feeling like mom of the year.

chaos

Still, I am looking for lovely things so I have a few to report:

--Seth vacuumed up the flour that Daniel dumped out so that I didn’t have to.

--David brought home migraine medicine from the grocery store when he came home from work.

--My room is looking more organized—not perfect yet, but better.

--I opened my windows in my bedroom today and the breeze was heavenly.

--I loved listening to my husband laugh as we watched “The Office” (and doing a little laughing myself.) Laughing is most decidedly lovely.

Oh, and this is really random but shipping and stationery supplies make me happy. I especially love how neat and tidy they look all laid out like this. So, here you go:

stationery

Tomorrow will be better.

Thank you for sharing your lovely things. Please continue to share them with me. They helped me feel happier today.

What loveliness did the day bring to you?

3 comments:

runningfan said...

As you know, I struggled with the lovely factor today. Um....how about your blog comment? It's nice to know I'm not alone!

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

I am sorry about your migraine. Plus you served a better dinner than I did. lol I love the office and honestly one of the best sounds to me is Daren's laughter. i have always told him that. It makes me happy to hear him happy. good luck with organizing.

Danielle said...

Sunshine ALL DAY LONG (as a former Rochesterian I know you can appreciate this :). Che washing the dishes I hadn't gotten to when he arrived home. Homemade lemonade.

And, um, what's wrong with peaches from a can? Par for the course at the Nolans...:D