Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lovely, Lovely Luck

What a lovely day! I enjoyed taking a walk with Daniel and Nate to admire the cherry trees in our neighborhood. I also loved sitting on the front porch rocking little Daniel (who is just a bit under the weather) and watching my other boys play freeze tag.
And of course today is St. Patrick’s Day. I love this holiday (read why in this post). We listened to Irish music, put on our favorite green shirts, and had all kinds of fun since the boys are on spring break this week. The day started with a magically delicious breakfast of Lucky Charms. Before lunch, I made them sit down with me and glue cereal to paper. Yes. I did. 


They also had to write why they are lucky on the papers. The older boys thought it was dumb. We all laughed about me being a silly mom and making them do such things, but I think they secretly enjoyed it. ;)
 St. Patrick's 2011 (1)Participants in this craft wished to remain anonymous.

They left their papers on the table to dry and little pots of gold (Rolos) appeared at the end of their rainbows while they were out of the room. I treated them to a green (and orange) lunch. Tuna fish sandwiches with pickles--there's the green, green apples, lime yogurt, cheese curls, green milk and mint oreos.

For dinner we had a tradition corned beef and cabbage dinner complete with Irish soda bread and green jell-o.

Other lovely things included: taking a walk with my husband this evening and smelling delicious floral scents floating on the breeze; BYU winning their basketball game (Jimmer! Jimmer! Jimmer!); and  reading the boys’ lucky things (spellings, capitalization, and punctuation are all their own):

Seth: I feel LUCKY because I have a loving family, clothes, a TUBA to play and food to eat.
Joel: I’m luckey because I have a mom that makes me glue cerial to paper
Nate: I am lucky (written above the rainbow) my family and my dog (written below the rainbow)
Danny: I am lucky because my pants are all clean. (Ha! I guess that makes me lucky too!)

Listen to this lovely song.


“Good night and joy be to you all!”

What loveliness did the day bring to you? Do tell!

2 comments:

runningfan said...

My kids were astounded that we "celebrated" the holiday with green food. It was fun to see how excited they were about it. That's all.

Mauri said...

I saw daffodils on campus yesterday, and I just about shouted for joy. The crocus are in full bloom at the house, and I can see little daffodils getting ready to bloom at the house as well. Oh, and that BYU win was pretty good too. :)