Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Busy, Busy World

Today was busy. Crazy busy. The kind of busy that makes it hard to find time to shower and make dinner, let alone get all the housework done that needs doing.

Here is an outline of what our day entailed:
1. Christmas parade downtown. It is too hot here for Fourth of July parades so our town has a Christmas parade. I loved it. My favorite parts were the live camel, the unicyclists (tons of kids from a unicycle club at a local elementary school), the marching band (singular) and all the parade entrants waving and yelling "Merry Christmas!"
2. A walk with David and Freeno. Had to be doneThe most leisurely part of the day by far.
3. Errands. Picked up Christmas gifts for the grandparents, bought a new bike light for David's bike (so he can ride to and from work the next week while the buses aren't running because school is out for the semester), got groceries and gas, made a drop at the local thrift store, dropped David off at work.
4. Getting ready for the band concert. Seth is in the Jr. High Honors band. His fall band concert was this evening. I nearly forgot about it in all the bustle of the day. I spent the time from when I got home until it was time to leave ironing, blowing dry Seth's cummerbund that had somehow gotten soaking wet, bathing the little boys since Danny had colored all over his face with blue marker, showering and getting ready myself and generally rushing around in a panic. We settled on fried eggs for dinner and David got home from work and fried them so that I could get ready.
5. Going to the band concert. It was fantastic. All the stress from the rushing around and craziness just melted away as I sat and listened to the band play. We had the fun experience of getting to hear the premier performance of a commissioned band piece and even had an opportunity to speak with the composer for a few minutes after the concert.
Seth's school tuba is quite a bit bigger than the one he has at home to practice on. It is almost as tall as Danny.

6. Getting little boys ready for bed. David had to go back to work so it was up to me. Daniel had a little nap this afternoon and I let him sleep because I needed him to stay out of trouble even though I knew there would probably be consequences (like him still being awake even though it is almost 11:00 pm). That kid has the most messed up sleeping schedule.

I'm glad that tomorrow is a day of rest.

No comments: