Saturday, October 22, 2011

Jr. High Cross Country Championships

Seth's last cross country race of the season was this morning. It was a crisp, clear morning like the ones I loved best for running wasy back when I was on the cross country team. We had to be at the meet by 7:15am. Yes, it was early for a Saturday but I didn't even mind because I was feeling all nostalgic.

The three younger boys and our little friend.
One of Daniel's favorite things to say these days is "take my picture, Mom." Happy to oblige, buddy.

 The meet was held at a local park that we like to visit occasionally. We wandered around checking out the scenery until it was time for the race to start. I think I embarrass Seth, especially my picture taking but as I looked around at all the parents with their fancy-schmancy-professional-sports-photographer-type-lenses for their cameras, I thought he should be glad that I just have a little point and shoot camera. It's way less obvious than those gargantuan beasts of camera lenses.
Here's the team. Seth is the one standing with his head turned completely away from me. :P
And they're off. I think Seth was purposely hiding in the crowd from my camera. He's in there but you can't see him.

After the race.
After his race, he was supposed to stick around for the other races and awards ceremony. Since we had our other three boys and another little boy with us (whose mom had a baby today) and they were getting restless we decided to leave Seth and go to Syrup Sopping Day in a nearby town and then come back and get him. It worked out perfectly.

I'm proud of Seth for a good season. He improved his time by quite a bit today and I think he still has nowhere to go but up. It will be fun to see how his running develops over the next couple of years.

No comments: