Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Winds of Change are Blowing.

I've been struck the last couple of days about just how uncertain life is. There are surprises around every corner and that is why it is so important to be diligent about working hard and to appreciate what you have because tomorrow or four months from now it could be gone. I have just recently really started to appreciate my blessings and not take so much for granted. I have had a somewhat negative attitude concerning different aspects of my life but recently I have started to see how much I truly have been blessed with. Little things are standing out to me like the sound of the wind through the big pine trees in our back yard or the color of my fireplace. Silly, maybe, but these are things that I love and feel grateful for. I feel as if my time is growing short and there is so much I want to do here in New York and with my children. There are improvements I want to make: both personal and home. There are rosebuds to be gathered because "old time is still a flying." It has been a little over a year since my friend from my high school days, Jason Thorpe, passed away in a snow-mobiling accident. I cannot tell you how that year has flown by and I feel I have very little to show for it in terms of what I have accomplished. In fairness, I have had a baby/toddler to deal with during this time, but still remarkably little has changed. It makes me sad and regretful and it makes me want to go out and buy paint and paint my room tomorrow. I guess I'd better get to bed so I can get up and go to Wal-Mart in the morning. I can't keep letting time slip through my fingers as it has been.

No comments: