Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again


(Images copyrighted by Stampin' Up 1990-2007)
I teach Sunday school at church to teenagers and Sunday evening one of the boys in my class and his younger brother were in a car accident and both broke their legs. Thank goodness it was not worse than that. The younger brother was released that evening but the young man in my class was going to be in the hospital for a few days--I guess his leg was broken pretty badly. That is such a scary situation and I've been thinking about him a lot. Anyway I decided I needed to send a card since the parents were requesting no visits and no phone calls in order to give their full attention to their sons and the doctors. Inspiration struck with this little cowpoke. The crutch was just a picture I got from doing a google image search and resized to fit the cowboy and then cut out and glued in place. I stamped the image in black stazon omitting one boot then drew in the cast by hand. The sentiment is printed in "Rope" a free font I downloaded from the internet. I colored the little guy with prismacolor pencils and blended the color with odorless turpenoid and artists blending stumps. I also did a lot of sponging on the edges which I think gives the card some depth and richness. I was really pleased with the result. I hope they like it and get a little chuckle and don't think it's too little-kiddish.
This is the inside.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Danielle said...

ROFLOL...Brokeleg Mountain!!!!!!

Robyn said...

Jill, what a great card. I bet he was very happy to get it. You are a very caring person!

Robyn

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Really cute card.....I am looking for people to donate cards to our troops & was hoping you might be interested. If you would then please check out my blogger for information. Thanks.