Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day

v-day Today I am going to celebrate Valentine’s day by:

  • Having an awesome Family Home Evening lesson on loving one another.
  • Wearing perfume, red lipstick and my favorite red blouse.
  • Writing a love poem. Or maybe just a love haiku.
  • Making heart shaped cookies to share with our neighbors.
  • Giving all my boys lots of hugs and kisses.
  • Watching Pride and Prejudice while I do housework/laundry.
  • Listening to happy and sappy Valentine’s music.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

5 cool things for Valentine’s Day:

  1. Send your favorite public radio loving fool an NPR valentine.
  2. Download a couple of favorite love songs from Amazon.com on the house.
  3. How about some free printable fruit stickers from “Twig and Thistle” for healthy after school snacks for your kiddos?
  4. Have your kids color a Valentine’s picture for Grandma.
  5. Treat yourself to a quirky Valentine themed font or fun desktop wallpaper from “How About Orange”.

Show yourself some love today. Mwah!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Okay, I'm loving your love-themed playlist, except for the NON-Foreigner version of "I Want to Know What Love Is." As a former Rochesterian, you must know there is NO version of that song that compares to Lou Gramm's! ;-)

Jill said...

I hear you. I didn't realize that it was the non-Foreigner version until I was listening to it on Valentine's Day. It's a travesty, I tell you. I'll have to see if I can find the original...