Thursday, October 04, 2012

Why We Had Pizza for Dinner

I've had better days. To be fair, I've had worse days too. Though at the moment not too many worse ones come to mind. We've all been feeling a little ick lately. I'm on day three of a headache that won't quit and we've had our fair share of sore throats and general malaise around here for the past week or so.

Seth seemed much worse today though so I decided we should take him to the doctor for a look-see. I made an appointment for 3:20 then tried to go about my day. I called David to ask him about some internet issues we've been having and while I was on the phone the dog decided to be sick. It was just too much and I had a little break down on the phone. David said he'd clean it up if I came to pick him up. So I did. He dealt with the mess while I went to wait for Danny's bus. Then I dropped him off at the bus stop to head back to work on our way to the doctor's office.

We went to the doctor's office and he decided to send us for more tests. I called home to make sure Joel arrived home on the school bus safely and that he knew he could go to the neighbors' house if he didn't want to wait alone for us to get home. While I was talking to him he told me, "Mom, Freeno just puked." Seriously?!

So, after a three hour ordeal which involved dragging one sick teenager and two naughty little boys to the doctor, the diagnostic imaging place (only to be turned away because they were closing in 20 minutes), the hospital (for a lengthy wait to get a chest x-ray) and the other branch of our doctor's office, we found out that poor Seth has pneumonia.

I dropped him at home where dog vomit and other evidence of our dog's upset stomach awaited us before going to the pharmacy to pick up Seth's prescription.

En route to the pharmacy I decided there was no way I could face making dinner tonight so I called David and asked him to order pizza. I figured I could pick him and the pizza up after I got the antibiotics. We arrived home with dinner and were welcomed by yet more of the dog's messes.

David has just finished running the carpet cleaner. Thank goodness for that. I'll have to mop later to clean up the residual stickiness from where I spilled the can of ginger ale I was getting for Seth.

At one point I honestly couldn't decide if I should laugh about the ridiculousness of the day or cry. I settled on feeling grumpy instead of doing either. I won't be sad when this day is over and gone.

The up side of all this is that I feel reasonably certain that tomorrow will be a better day. I sure hope so, anyway.


2 comments:

Addie said...

I'm so sorry you had a day like this. I am sorry your Seth is sick and Mr Freeno is ill, too. I am sending up a prayer for healing for all of you, a quiet weekend that hopefully includes rest, and many blessings of energy and lifted spirits for you, tired tired mama just trying her best. You did the right things. And God blesses us with a new day tomorrow. Hugs to you.

Pizza in Zion said...

We wish for all the best of your family and get well soon..

Places To Eat in Zion National Park