Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Funny Story

I'm going to tell you a story which I thought was hilarious although I'm afraid it might not be as funny in writing as it was in real life.

My husband was talking to a man at church on Sunday when he accidentally turned on the flashlight part of his multi-tool that he's been using since he lost his pocketknife.The man he was talking to noticed the light shining through the pocket of the somewhat thin, gray trousers David was wearing.

"Uh, what's going on with your leg there?" the man asked. David looked down and said the first thing that popped into his head,

"Oh, I guess that must be the 'Light of Christ' eminating from me." (He told me that at this point he mentally slapped his head and thought "Doh! That was a really dumb thing to say".)

The man's response to my husband: "That's a wierd place for the 'Light of Christ' to be coming from."

So now I've come up with a couple of responses that could have been better--or worse and for future use in just such an emergency:
1) Oh man, that dang cyborg leg's acting up again...
2) It took the people in my last brach 5 years to figure out I'm an alien (actually my sister came up with this one).

So now I invite you to think of a good response should this quirky flashlight malfunction happen again. It never hurts to be prepared with a snappy comeback. If you think of anything clever or witty leave me a message in the comments. Keep 'em clean, please.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Dang, I miss youse guys. :D

The man's response to my husband: "That's a wierd place for the 'Light of Christ' to be coming from."

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Was he SERIOUS?!?!

Jill said...

We miss you too!
I don't know this guy really well but based on my interactions with him in the past, it would not surprise me if he was entirely serious. He's a pretty serious guy. I can almost picture his dead-pan expression.

eduardo said...

It's hard to find a better answer, Jill... I'd probably say something like "oh, this conversation is enlightening me"...