Sunday, July 03, 2011

Volcanoes and Ninjas

Saturday evening we went to a cook-out at our friend Matt's house. He is moving soon and we are sad to see him go but we enjoyed a nice evening visiting with friends and eating some dang good burgers. The little boys enjoyed charming the girls that were there. Danny made friends with two cute girls and entertained them by making a gravel "volcano."

The volcano. I think it is quite artistic.
Danny gives Nate a warning look: Do not touch my volcano; Do not get in the picture mom is taking of my volcano.
The boys played hard and got sweaty and bug bitten but had a great time. When we got home, everyone took turns showering--Joel says he fell asleep during his shower--and got ready for bed. I went back to cleaning the big boys' room (see previous post). When I walked into the little boys' room to put some things away, this is how I found Danny:

He had made himself a little trundle bed out of the under-the-bed storage box that I use for blankets in their room. I couldn't find Nate though. David said he had put him to bed, but he wasn't in his bed, he wasn't in bed with any of his brothers and he wasn't on any of the couches. Just when I was really beginning to wonder where he could be, David called me. "Jill, come look at this." Iwalked back into the little boys' room but I didn't see anything. "Come and stand right here", said David. That is when I finally saw him.

Ha! Nate has exhibited almost ninja-like invisibility/stealth skills on more than one occasion but this instance was remarkable.

I love these little volcano-building, creative and innovative ninja boys of mine.

No comments: