Friday, September 23, 2011

Mrs. Potato Head

"Look, Mom. It's you."

I am feeling under the weather today. I have a nasty cold. It has kind of affected my ability to function/think normally.

For example, this morning I went to the grocery store to pick up donuts and cider for our Autumnal Equinox celebration. I also picked up chicken noodle soup, orange juice and Emergen-C. When I went to check out my card was denied. What? How is that possible? I pulled out my card to swipe it again and noticed that it was not my debit card. It was my Sam's Club card. Yup, I guess those don't work as payment at Kroger. So, I swiped the right card and made a comment to the cashier about how I must be hung over from the Nyquil I took last night. I was met by blank looks from the cashier and bagger and the sound of crickets chirping. "Okay" I said "Thanks. I'm just going to go home and eat my chicken noodle soup and drink my orange juice."
Sheesh people, lighten up.

When I got home I got out the Dayquil to take some. I couldn't get the little foil packet open so I set it down and was going to get some scissors but somehow I got distracted. An hour and a half later I was wondering why I still felt so awful. I picked up a tissue to blow my nose for the 100th time and noticed the medicine that I never took earlier.

A little bit later I was propped with a bunch of pillows in my bed wasting time on the interwebs when Daniel brought in Mr. Potato head to show me. "Look Mom. It's you." Sadly, Mr. Potato head makes a pretty good likeness with his red nose, bushy eyebrows in need of plucking, squinty, puffy eyes and lumpy potato shaped body.
Thank you, son, for keeping me humble.

Oh, and I should mention that the donuts we ate were delicious even though having a cold dulls my sense of taste.

Happy fall!
Powdered Sugar Lips


2 comments:

Heather O said...

Thanks for the laugh and I'm sending healthy vibes your way! Get well soon!

Mom said...

If you concentrate on the bright eyes, the big smile, and the cheerful countenance, it does sort-of-look like you!